CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 8, 2008

~OLD HABITS DIE HARD~

My daughter Grace is very attached to her Blankie (Bppplp Dee) and her Pillow (Pudoh). I wish I could spell what she calls her Blankie, but if you have heard her say it, then you understand why I can not spell it! ;)

Anyway, Grace has done really well with using these items only when we are at home, or the baby sitters, or in the car... She does not carry them around in the store or at church etc. (My choice not hers, but she still does well) Since she will be going to a new pre-school type daycare this fall, I have been working with her on not using her blankie and pillow around the house, and only at bed time or in the car. We make a big deal about putting them away in her froggy laundry basket when she gets up and taking them out only when it is time to go back to bed.

Well, after lunch the other day I was cleaning up the kitchen and Grace went to play in her room. When I went to check on her, this is what I found...








Her Blankie and Pillow are still in the basket!
What a good girl!!!!
;)

8 comments:

Jill said...

That is so funny!

At least she kept it in the basket! Good job Gracie!

Beth said...

Too, cute! Meigan has a "lovey" that she is attached to for bedtime and times of trouble and sorrow only. I am not sure if she will ever be able to go without.

Jamie said...

Too funny! I love it...cute picture!

Christy said...

Too cute! What a smart girl! She knows how to obey!

Rachel said...

Carol - she is soooo cute. I just cannot get over it. I have only had the privilege of meeting her a couple of times, but her darling spirit shines through instantly!

By the way, I was wondering who Stacey Lynne Piper was? She's beautiful, and I'm sorry for the loss.

It's nice you're back in the TC so I can see you again. Have a blessed week. Rachel Christie

Jeanine said...

Okay...I honestly started laughing OUT LOUD! Good thing no one else was home or they would have wondered what in the world was so funny. Smart girl, that little Gracie...smart girl! And very, VERY cute! Thanks for a day brightener!

Leslie said...

I am having so much fun reading your blogs and remembering Kayla's childhood. She has a comfort object who will remain un-named at Kayla's request who just recently stopped going on trips and to camp with her. The next time I can't find Kayla I am going to check her hamper! Too cute Gracie girl!

Lynda said...

That is SOOOO funny. My little niece is just about the cutest thing ever, and she is really smart too! What a good girl!