CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 1, 2008

Party Preparations



Grace's birthday party is tomorrow and I must admit that I am more excited than she is. She has never been to a birthday party before (besides her own 1st birthday) so she is not quite sure what to expect. We will be going to a little wading pool for her party so I decided to make a pool theme cake. Wow! It was way more work than I expected but I had fun and Grace really likes the idea of having candy on her birthday cake. I also have been buying used doll house pieces and found a great deal on two doll houses. I got those out tonight after she went to bed and cleaned them up. She will have a fun surprise to wake up to in the morning! (Mostly so she will have something to do while I am getting everything ready for her party...) Anyway, so I thought I would post a couple of pics and I will post more after her party. ;)

7 comments:

Tricia said...

The cake looks great! We look forward to celebrating with you in the morn'!

Jill said...

Carol, the cake is awesome! Great job! Is that Gracie laying out in the pool while Meigan, Kate, Ella and Alenna are all around it? I noticed only brown and yellow bears. ;o)

Can't wait to see the Birthday Girl at her party today!

Jill said...

Why is there a pony in the living room?

Beth said...

I am so impressed... Meigan had a cute bunny cake for her first birthday, and it has been cupcakes eversince. We are looking forward to the party.

Anonymous said...

I've never seen a pool theme cake before ~ you get the most creative award!

dominique sambrano said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendi said...

the cake was so cute! You did a great job on the party. I'm sure she will have a blast playing with the dollhouses. Randi loves hers. See ya