CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 11, 2008

HIV(+) On My Mind...

I have a new friend Carolyn that I "met" in bloggy world and she has really opened my eyes to (as they say) a whole new world... (Insert Aladdin music here) =)

I have had my heart changed in an amazing way toward those suffering with HIV. Especially mother's and children in places like Ethiopia, where medical intervention is not an option. Countries where mother's helplessly hold their suffering children and watch them waste away until death mercifully takes them away. I am truly sick that such a thing not only exists but is the "norm" for millions of people.

Please check out Carolyn's blog and keep her and her family in your prayers. I can not get Carolyn and her beautiful Selah off my mind, which is a good thing because I pray for them often that way. It also makes me ask God what I can do, why has He laid this on my heart in such a profound way...

I look at the pictures of sweet Selah and I want to hug her and kiss her. I want to let Grace hug her and kiss her and show little Selah that God has truly changed my heart and He has used her and her Momma to do it...

So go ahead and read with your heart wide open... I DARE YA! ;)

3 comments:

Jill said...

What an amazing family. Beautiful kids. I love that she calls her family a confetti family.

She had some great points about how some diseases are more acceptable and some are not. It certainly made me think.

Carolyn T said...

Carol!

This made me CRY!!! Thanks so much for helping to spread awareness......You can hug my Selah ANY TIME and throw one in for ME too!! I am very inspired by your blogs and relate in HUGE ways.....I am in awe of what the Lord is doing......and thankful for the love, support and prayers from you!
ALL for ONE!!
Care

Jamie said...

What a neat family! Thanks for sharing her blog with us.

P.S. I would love to get-together soon...things should be slowing down a bit for me starting next week. Hope things are going well!