CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

25th Post~Thankful List

For my 25th post I decided to write 25 things I am thankful for. =)


1. First of all of course, my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

2. My daughter Grace. I have truly never experienced a love as deep as what resides in my heart for my daughter.

3. Adoption. First my adoption into The Kings family, as His daughter and heir to His kingdom. And second how God uses the adoption of Grace to give me a little glimpse of His love for me.

4. Past hurts. I can see God using the hurts in my past to shape me into a much more loving, compassionate, humble person. I know I have a long ways to go, but I am so glad that God chooses to use the stormy times in our lives and does not just say, what is done is done, now lets move on.

5. My family, even as dysfunctional as they are… My family has stood by me in good times and bad. They have always been there to help whenever I have needed them and I am truly blessed by them in so many ways.

6. Old friends that have stood by me. I must say that true friends are very hard to come by, and that is not a bad thing. The friends God has blessed me with have had a profound impact on my life. Some of my old friends, I do not see or talk to as often as I would like, because life happens and we can only fit so much into one day… But these friends are the ones that you can just pick up where you left off and you both know that the love has always been there.

7. New friends. God has really blessed me with new friendships since Grace and I have moved to the Tri-Cities. I am so thankful for each of them and I am looking forward to the day when they will be part of my old friends list… =)

8. My sister Lynda. I know I already said family, but Lynda deserves her own line. She has been there for me in so many ways and she has seen me at my absolute worst, grumpiest, meanest, ugliest times and she still loves me. Not everyone can say they have a sister like that! ;)

9. My Sunday School teacher. I have learned more from Jean’s Bible studies on Sunday morning than in any other Bible class. Jean has the gift of teaching and a true passion for God’s word.

10. My daughter’s Sunday school teacher. Miss Pat loves the children in her class and she loves teaching them about Jesus. I have had the opportunity to help in her class a couple of times and I am just amazed at how she is so gentle and sweet and patient. Miss Pat sees teaching her 2 year old class about Jesus as just as important as the pastor’s sermon, and so do I! =) Miss Pat also came by our house to personally give Grace a birthday gift and she has sent her post cards too. (If Grace had a thankful list, I know Miss Pat would be way up at the top!)

11. Wednesday night church dinner. It is cheap, usually quite tasty and I get to eat with other adults, which is a nice.

12. My apartment complex pool. Great FREE summer fun!

13. Living so close to the river and its fabulous parks. Grace and I spend lots of time enjoying the river and Howard Amon Park.

14. Taco Bell drive through and the 79 cent menu…

15. Ice cold Diet Mt Dew. Cheaper than Starbucks and just as satisfying! =) (although I am not so sure it will taste as good hot when the weather gets cold…)

16. Bubble baths. I love a nice long soak in a really hot bubble bath all by myself! (I also enjoy luke warm bubble baths taken with my daughter, but they are not near as relaxing.)

17. Sitting snuggled up with Grace reading book, after book, after book…

18. Curled up in my own bed reading my own novel (Currently reading through The last Jihad series which is very good!)

19. Bath and Body Works Plumeria lotion and body spray. It has been my favorite for years and I am truly thankful for it… =)

20. My car that runs well and seats 8. Many great memories in that car… especially when I have had my friend’s wild teenagers with me!

21. Candles. I love having candles lit all the time but hot Tri-City weather prevents me from lighting them in the summer. I am looking forward to cooler temperatures so I can light my candles and enjoy their ambiance and aroma… MMMM.

22. Cookie dough. Tastes best eaten right out of the bowl with friends while watching movies. =)

23. Pedicures. I love a good pedicure and foot massage. (Who doesn’t?) I don’t get them very often, which makes me appreciate them all the more when I do! =)

24. Those little elastic belt things on the inside of toddler pants. I know pretty random, but I went to put a pair of pants on Grace today and that thing had broke, which made me realize how much I like them!

25. Last but not least… All my bloggy friends. Some I know personally and many others I may never meet until we get to heaven. I am thankful for each one of you and I have enjoyed getting to know you. I appreciate how each of you has challenged me in many ways and taught me some great life lessons. Thank you for being honest and letting me have a peak inside your lives…

8 comments:

vAdA said...

Carol! That was very clever! I really ebjopyed reading it, and im glad u have so many things to be thenkful for! lol. Well, ill ttyl!! luv ya!!

Beth said...

Those elastic things on toddler pants rank high on my list, too. If it weren't for them, both of my girls would have serious plumbers
bottom.

Leslie said...

Carol, I loved your list. What a good idea to count your blessings. I enjoy many of the same things...thanks for reminding me! Hugs for your day!

Jeanine said...

GREAT list! Those little elastic things have kept both my kids from running around with their pants around their ankles!

J

Tricia said...

Great idea! I love Taco Bell and the cheaper the better too! I also have my favorite at bath and body, Cherry Blossom - not too sweet, just a little ( I really don't think they have a bad "flavor")

If I had a list, you'd be on it. Oh, and I loved your hair last night;)

Jill said...

Great list Carol! I am thankful for you my friend!

I need to be counting my blessing more and counting the cursings less. ;o)

Wendi said...

Great list, I love from bed bath the Warm vanilla sugar! I am currently out, maybe I need to make a trip to the mall???

I like your car too, you wanna trade? LOL

Lori said...

hey carol,
what a great post!
thank you for sharing your most favorite things.
here's one of mine: my garden that I can just go out and pick something for dinner and my herbs that I can flavor the food that I fix for my family.
right now, vada is bugging me to go pick some stuff for salsa so.....gotta go, my friend.

Lori
;0)