CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Game and Great Conversation!

Christmas Meme
A little Christmas time questionnaire...

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Can I have Egg Nog in my Hot Chocolate? =) I love them both but usually enjoy them separately. Have you tried Starbucks Egg Nog Latte'? YUMMY!

2.Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? We have not really done Santa at our house, but if we did we would call him Auntie Lynda! She gives Grace about 20 really nice gifts during November and December because I have told her she can't overload Grace with gifts for Christmas because that is not what Christmas is about... One of these days Grace is going to figure out Auntie Lynda's sneaky ways around Mommy's rules!

3. Colored lights on house/tree or white? I like both looks as long as there are LOTS and LOTS of lights!

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Hmmm, I am afraid it would not get much action at my house.

5.When do you put your decorations up? This year, they all went up on November 20th... I get a little excited to start the Christmas season... =)

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? That is awfully strict to exclude dessert... I would have to say candied yams, (yes I know, it is very dessert like, but it is served with the meal so it still counts!)

7.When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I have an older sister and brother who made sure I never remember actually believing in Santa. HOW RUDE!

8. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Not usually

9. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Lots of fun and special ornaments. I am so excited to finally have some that Grace made and I look forward to adding lots more every year! ;)

10. Snow. Love it or dread it? LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! =)

11. Can you ice skate? When I was a kid we would skate on frozen ponds in Minnesota and Michigan and I did quite well, thank you very much! The last time I went, I mostly held on to the wall, (usually with both hands!).

12. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Pumpkin pie and Pecan Pie, one large slice of each please, but hold the whip cream cuz I am on a diet!

13. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I LOVE giving gifts! With money tight this year it is really killing me...

14. What is your favorite Christmas song? I wish I could remember the song by Avalon that I use to make my friend Julee play over and over... Anyway, now I will have to try to find it cuz I just remembered how much I LOVE it! ;)

15. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck? YUMMY! Funny story, one year at my Mom's house they hung lots of candy canes on the tree. One day my sister and I noticed this large "candy cane free" area on the tree. Then we realized that it was the area my mom could reach from her recliner.... TOO FUNNY! So for fun my sister went out and bought like 10 boxes of candy canes and hung them all on the tree so my Mom would not run out! ;) You could say, I got my love of candy canes from my Mom. And I have already passed the addiction on to Grace!

16. Do you attend an annual Christmas party? No, but I am looking forward to the one Jill is going to start having... LOL! Love ya Jill!

17. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJ's? After the Christmas Eve service it is straight into PJ's, I need loose pants to accommodate all the goodies!

18. Do you own a Santa hat? No, but I sure think they are cute! ;)

19. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? Family, usually at my parents' or at my Sister-in-laws'.

O.K. now for a great conversation I had with my daughter yesterday.

Grace: Mommy, smell my fingers.

Mommy: Ewww gross! Did you scratch your bottom?

Grace: No, (smelling her own fingers) kinda smells like poo poo.

Mommy: Why do your fingers smell like poop?

Grace: Oh, I just touchin that yucky o'l poo poo in the toilet.

I run to the bathroom expecting to find an awful mess...

WHEW! Clean and toilet flushed.

Mommy: Did you poop in the toilet and touch your poop?

Grace: Yup

Mommy: Well don't do that any more, that is gross.

Grace: It not gross, it disgusting!

Lots of soap and watermelon scented hand sanitizer and she was good as new! =)


8 comments:

Lynda said...

that is disgusting! please break her of that habit before you get here for Christmas!

Jill said...

Carol, That was two great posts! I miss your witty-ness...and your fun stories.

Carol said...

Jill, you talk to me almost everyday, so I would think you have your fill of my "witty-ness"! ;P

Hopefully I will see you in a couple hours, if I can drive in this SNOW! YEAH SNOW!!!! =)

Jeanine said...

Funny, Funny, FUNNY! Well...no...but you know what I mean! Lesson learned!
Have miss you! Glad you're back!
Jeanine

junglemama said...

Nice to learn a bit about you. I love pecan pie, but don't really care for egg nog.

Leslie said...

OK Grace is right, that is really disgusting...but funny cuz it's not my kid or my toilet.

RE: peppermint candy canes. I was at Winco today and had to get down on the floor and crawl on my knees to find the non-chocolate, or fruiti tutti or whatever candy canes. Good grief!

Lori said...

chocolate or poo...?
chocolate or poo....?
....(lick)...chocolate.
funny line from "BAby Mama"(it was on the plane coming home from TX)

miss you
;0(

eva said...

that was grose