CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I am still alive... barely

O.K. so maybe the "barely" in my title is a slight exaggeration, but I am so pooped! Between work, school, being a Mommy and working on Judgement House I am really wiped. I am still trying to find the balance and I must admit I am floundering.

I have been reading every one's blogs, but most of the time I am too tired to comment. I do like to keep up on your lives and have been encouraged many times by your posts. I won't be posting much, just due to my hectic schedule, but I wanted you to know that I do my best to read yours, so I can pray specifically for you and be encouraged by you as well... =)

On another note...

Today while singing with Grace's class I just had to laugh as Grace sang the "ipsy dipsy spider"!

Grace is amazing at tracing. She came home with a couple of work sheets where she had traced circles and squares and they were done so well that I just assumed she had lots of "help" from her teacher. After dinner tonight I gave her a couple of color pages that had shapes to trace because I wanted to see how she really did. I was so impressed! I guess her teacher did not help her after all!

Grace is doing really well with her preschool work and Mommy can't be shown up, so into my 3rd week of school, I am pulling a 4.0! =) (just on a side note, my grades will never be posted again) LOL!

O.K. I was not going to post this but I am so tired, my good reasoning skills are not at their best...

I still take baths with my daughter about once or twice a week. Grace loves taking baths with Mommy and it is a very bonding time. She washes my hair no less than 6 times and chides me as she dumps water on my head, "you are fine, it is just water." Hmmm. I do say those words to her, but I am not dumping buckets of water over her head and certainly not up her nose!

Anyway, the other night when we were bathing, I let her know that I was going to get out and she could play for a few more minutes. I stood up and my sweet daughter wailed, "Mommy, you made all the water go away!!!" I am seriously considering taking offense to that!


4 comments:

Jill said...

I could tell last night when we talked you were exhausted. I am glad that you have not fallen off the face of the map though. I will be praying for you to find your rhythm soon, it seems we go through this also every six months or so. Finding the new normal for our family.

I am glad that Grace is doing so well. That is awesome!

Keep it up my friend, you are doing a great thing. I am sure that you are being a great light to the kiddos that you are working with and to the adults as well. What a great example of Christ and His love. This little light of mine...

On another note, was Grace singing about Ella's dipty or the spider?

Ella has been asking to play with Gracie a lot lately, so Sunday afternoon will be great for them. Until then...have a great day off Saturday.

Wendi said...

I'm glad to hear Grace is doing so well in school. I know you guys are going through a big adjustment.

Great job on the 4.0 AWESOME!! I am really impressed. Keep up the good work.

Nice to hear from you, try to take some time out for yourself even in your hectic schedule.

Have a great weekend!

Tricia said...

It's good to "hear" from you again and I've missed seeing your smiling face at church :) I can only imagine what a busy, crazy schedule you have right now...I can barely keep up my own schedule...I will keep you in my prayers for you to be able to continue to succeed in all you do. No pressure here to post, as I'm behind myself...

Grace is quite the character! I seriously thought it was gonna be a boob joke or something!!! Hee Hee!!!

Ginger said...

Thanks for posting, Carol. Your posts always make me smile and usually make me laugh :). I sympathize with you and your schedule. I'm adding you to my morning prayer list. I miss you.