CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 20, 2008

At the Pumpkin Patch with my Punkin

Starting our adventure with a nutritious lunch.....
Grace loved the straw pile more than anything else at the pumpkin patch!

Especially when she had a straw fight with G-Ma! (G-Ma started it!!!) ;)


Grace and Mommy


Grace chose the smallest most pathetic, bruised pumpkin she could find, to take home. When we went to purchase the pumpkin, the cashier took one look at the little, almost rotten, white pumpkin in my daughter's hand and said, "Oh, I can't charge you for that..." Those of you who know my daughter, know she seems to LOVE the unlovely. (Which will serve her well in the future!)


Grace also LOVES to do pretty much everything opposite of how she knows she is supposed to...

Need I say more?


We had a great time at the pumpkin patch with G-Ma and Papa. What you did not see besides the hot dog and ice cream was, the Carmel apple, chocolate covered gummy bears, and gallon of fresh squeezed cider that my parents bought for Grace. A 3 year old child coming down off of a sugar high is NOT a pretty sight. But I must say, the memories were well worth it! =)





15 comments:

Tricia said...

I love the picture of her with her pumpkin. You should definitely frame it! My kids seemed to pick tiny pumpkins a time or two themselves. Once, one of the twins (don't ask me who) picked a green one! Amazingly, it eventually turned semi-orange.

Leslie said...

I have fond memories of the pumpkin patch! Such fun. My kids got to go this year with their aunt and her grandaughter (my great niece) who is almost 1yr old. She slept through the whole thing which was kind of funny bcause everyone was hoping to make all these memories. Maybe next year when she is a bit older. Tommy & Kayla had a great time! Grace's lunch & dessert & snacks and consequent sugar high reminds me of going to the county fair with my dad!

Jill said...

It looks like you had a great time. Grace really gets into her food ;o)

Thanks for sharing!

Lynda said...

What a cute sweater she is wearing!

Jeanine said...

Grace and Faith would get along fabulously! Faith likes to do things her way, too! Eating the ice cream cone from the bottom up...priceless! You go, Gracie!
Jeanine

kim said...

Looks like you had a great time at the pumpkin patch! Grace is so cute!! And I love the pic with her pumpkin. I always loved the disfigured, warted lopsided pumpkins too.

Jamie said...

Looks like you all had a fun time. Very cute pictures!!!

Wendi said...

oh, you guys look like you had a blast. I don't think we will be able to make it there this year, we had a blast last time we went.
So looks so cute, wow great pictures.
Take care!

vAdA said...

Aw, that is sooo cute! I love hoe sdhe picked the most pathetic one she could possibly find! =]

Carolyn T said...

Such a precious story...and the pumpkin was FREE!!?? What a great day!
I have a beautiful thing I want to send you that my pastor wrote about single moms adopting....please e mail me when you get a chance....
kielandcarolyn@sbcglobal.net

Ginger said...

I love the picture of you and Grace! It just makes me smile. I have great memories of the pumpkin patch with my kids....such a long time ago! It's special. Miss you!

Lori said...

what a fabulous mommy you are!!!
I wish you were my mommy.

;0-

Carol said...

I forgot to mention the cute green sweater and hat were made for Grace by her Auntie Lynda! =)

eva said...

I like That story

eva said...

I THINK THAT WAS FUNNY WHEN GRACE WAS EATING THE ICE CREAM WITH LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!