CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 2, 2009

2009 RESOLUTION

As I sit and reflect on 2008 I am humbled by my lack of faith... It seems that whenever I am faced with a problem or challenge, I WANT ANSWERS NOW!

From job, school, and finances to friendships and even a cancer scare... I have a really, really hard time leaving it in God's hands. To say I struggle with this would be putting it way too lightly. As I look back over 2008, I can see that God had His hand on these things the whole time. While much is still not resolved, I have to admit that I can see God there through it all. So why do I worry and fret? Why do I try to "fix" things when God is not going fast enough to suit me?

The scarey thing is, that I am a lot better than I used to be!

For 2009, I want to work on my faith. Sheesh it scares me to even write that, for fear that God will give me even more challenges! lol!

I want to trust that God truly does want me to live an abundant life, full of peace and joy. I want to trust that God will provide and take care of the details... (O.K. I just let out a heavy unbelieving sigh... That is not a good sign!)

I really want to live with Jesus as my BEST FRIEND, the one I turn to FIRST, the one I can't wait to talk to and spend time with...

I guess for 2009 I want a revival in my soul. Can that be a resolution or goal? Hmmmm.... Well whatever label one wants to put on it, that is what I want more than anything.


6 comments:

Tricia said...

I am glad you can see God working in your life as you trust Him! You said that you are much better in some areas than you used to be, and I smiled because there are areas that still need much work and improvement in my life, but boy oh boy, how much better than what used to be! We will never achieve perfection, but the striving towards being more Christlike is a great goal! I know next year you'll look back and see all God has done in you and through you. Love ya!

Jill said...

Tricia is right, we all have a ways to go my friend. Good thing that God is patient with our growth. It sounds like several of us are all in the same boat, wanting to grow in our relationship with the Lord.

Jamie said...

A revival in my soul...that is what I want too!!!

Praying that 2009 will be a year of many blessings for you. A year that you grow deeper in your relationship with our God.

eva said...

Grace i love being your Friend !!!1st. of all that was Ella she wanted too tape too grace so i let her but how we (or i) did it i asked her Questions and she answered so That's how we did it

Lori said...

A revival in my soul...me, too!!!
CArol, I will be praying for you that you will put all your faith and trust in the ONe who NEVER fails.
Would you pray for me, too????
Thank you for your honesty, my friend.

;0)

Rachel said...

That's the most worthwhile New Year's resolution I've ever read. Love and prayers to you as you strive to be the woman Christ wants you to be.